Finally a UNIVERSAL motorized aspirated shield with design flexibility to meet your need for precise environmental measurement of surface air temperature and humidity.
- Dual Fans for increased reliability
- Programmable airflow and ambient light monitoring to minimize power draw and alert airflow interruptions.
- Sensor signal conditioning, calibration and processing unit produces digital outputs for wire or/radio transmission from a variety of environmental sensors.
- Modularized fan and electronics module easily removed for service or replacement.
- Modularized sensor compartment unscrews for ease of access to sensors and cleaning.
- Custom sensor adapters designed to hold your unique probe(s) available on request.
- Air flow between triple concentric isolation tubes to protect transducers from solar radiant heating of air sample.
- Optional centrifugal particulate filter for removal of large particles, dust and pollen.
- Optional inlet ambient radiation shield to protect temperature sensors from ground radiation.
The New Belfort Motorized Aspirated Shield (SMARS) is designed to draw representative samples of air for temperature and humidity measurements in the harshest environmental conditions in conformance with WMO guidelines. The standard design accommodates up to three Platinum RTD’s that are directly attached to a signal processing board permitting calibration and conversion of temperature information to a serial digital format compatible with long distance wire or radio transmission. The Standard design is also built to accommodate a Rotronic model – Hygroclip for temperature/humidity measurement whose output can be calibrated and transmitted in the same format as the RTD Sensors. However the company will reconfigure the design to sample air and process outputs from your choice of a variety of sensors.
|Aspiration Rate:||w/HI Fan option – 6.3 m/s, w/LO Fan option – 3.5 m/s|
|Power Requirements:||12 – 14 volts DC
w/HI Fan Option – 780 ma./ fan
w/LO Fan Option – 390 ma./ fan
T/H Signal Processor – 35 ma
Asp. Motor Control – 30 ma
Inlet Heater Option – application specific
Nominal Power: w/HI Fan – 12.6 watts
Nominal Power: w/LO Fan – 6.3 watts
|Environmental:||-40O to +130O F (-40O to +55OC), 0 to 100% Humidity|
|Dimensions:||w/o Cross Arm: 7” x 31”, w/ Cross Arm: 41” x 31”|
|Mounting:||Adjustable v-Blocks and U bolts|
|Weight:||6.2 lbs (2.81 kg)|
|Digital Output Detail:||RS485 format: 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, default baud rate 19,200|
|Standard Output Format:||RTD’s: A, PPP, RO, RTD1, RTD2, RTD3, ALS, Fan1, Fan2, AirV.
HygroClip:A, PP, RO, Temp, Humid, ALS, Fan1, Fan2, AirV.